Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Substituição da farinha de peixe pelo farelo de soja em dietas para juvenis de curimba
- Replacement of fish meal by soybean meal in diets for juveniles of curimba
- Univ Estado Santa Catarina
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Replacement of fishmeal by soybean meal in juvenile curimba (Prochilodus lineatus) diets was evaluated. Five isonitrogenous (26% crude protein) and isocaloric (4,000 kcal of gross energy kg(-1)) diets with 0, 25, 50, 75 and 100% of replacement were used. Fish (3.71 +/- 0.54 g) were distributed in 25 tanks (120 liters). The diets were provided for 84 days. Total replacement of fishmeal (100%) by soybean meal worsened weight gain, feed conversion and protein efficiency ratio. An increase in carcass fat was observed at the expense of reducing protein percentage, as well as an increase in hepatosomatic index. It was concluded that replacing 75.0% fish meal by soybean meal (33.2% of inclusion) did not affect the animal growth, although there been observed changes in corporal composition and hepatic hyperplasia.
- Boletim do Instituto de Pesca. São Paulo: Inst Pesca, v. 37, n. 3, p. 289-294, 2011.
- Inst Pesca
- Protein source
- Prochilodus lineatus
- animal protein
- vegetal protein
- fish nutrition
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.