Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Extraction methods and availability of phosphorus for soybean in soils from Parana State, Brazil
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual do Oeste do Paraná (UNIOESTE)
- In studies on the evaluation of methodologies for the analysis of soil, phosphorus (P) has been the single most studied aspect, due to the complexity of this dynamic element in soil. However, these studies have been limited regarding soil conditions in Paranaa. The present study aimed to evaluate the efficiency of the Mehlich-1, Mehlich-3 and ion exchange resin methods in the evaluation of available P for soybean (Glycine max) in the soils of Paranaa State. Twelve soil samples collected from the upper 0-20 cm were planted with soybean for a period of 42 days in the greenhouse. The ability to extract soil P followed the order of decreasing average amount of extracted P: Mehlich-3 > resin > Mehlich-1. The correlation coefficients between the content of P extracted by Mehlich-1, Mehlich-3 and resin and the amount of P accumulated in the plants were 0.86, 0.90 and 0.93, respectively. Mehlich-1, Mehlich-3 and resin showed similar efficiency in the evaluation of P availability to plants and, under conditions of natural fertility and in soils that had received no application of poorly natural reactive phosphates, can be used to quantify the concentrations of P in the soils of Parana State.
- Semina-ciencias Agrarias. Londrina: Universidade Estadual de Londrina (UEL), v. 33, n. 3, p. 1005-1013, 2012.
- Universidade Estadual de Londrina (UEL)
- Glycine max
- availability phosphorus
- ion exchange resin
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.