Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Qualidade de mudas clonais de Eucalyptus urophylla x E. grandis em função do substrato
- Quality of Eucalyptus urophylla x E. grandis cuttings as a function of substrate
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Considering the increasing demand for seedlings of plants for aforestation and the scarcity of raw materials for the substrates used for plant growth, it is necessary to evaluate new components and formulations that ensure the quality of seedlings. In this experiment the development and quality of production of Eucalyptus urophylla x E. grandis seedlings was studied through vegetative propagation, as a function of nine compositions of substrate, produced from fine-grained vermiculite, carbonized rice chaff and coconut fiber in hard plastic tubes of 50 mL as containers. The physical properties of substrates and morphological development and the quality of the root system of seedlings were evaluated at 90 days after staking. The substrates with higher total porosity promotes better quality of the root system, which consequently results in cuttings with larger diameter, shoot and root dry weight and Dickson Quality Index. Other properties for the physical characteristics of substrates other than mentioned in literature can also be considered adequate.
- Revista Brasileira de Engenharia Agricola E Ambiental. Joao Pessoa Pb: Universidade Federal da Paraíba (UFPB) Ccsa, v. 16, n. 3, p. 297-302, 2012.
- Universidade Federal da Paraíba (UFPB) Ccsa
- root system
- coconut fiber
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.