Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- State-of-the-art for extrusion and injection moulding FPC: natural Fibre Plastics Composites in Brazil
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Tecn Lisbon
- Environmental and economical concerns are stimulating research of new materials for construction, furniture, packaging and automotive industries. Particularly attractive are the new materials. This paper presents results about the properties of composites of polyhydroxybutyrate (PHB), polypropylene (PP) and High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) reinforced with natural fibres. The composites were prepared through the extrusion with natural fibres, in an ratio of 30% by weight. The quality of samples was tested utilising injection moulded samples, according to ASTM standards. Results showed that natural fibres can act as an excellent reinforcing material, resulting in low cost composites and improving economical and ecological interests.
- International Journal of Materials & Product Technology. Geneva: Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, v. 36, n. 1-4, p. 134-154, 2009.
- Inderscience Enterprises Ltd
- natural fibres
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.