Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Hydrothermal surface-wave instability and the Kuramoto-Sivashinsky equation
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Université de Montpellier II
- We consider a system formed by an infinite viscous liquid layer with a constant horizontal temperature gradient and a basic nonlinear bulk velocity profile. In the limit of long wavelength and large nondimensional surface tension we show that hydrothermal surface-wave instabilities may give rise to disturbances governed by the Kuramoto-Sivashinsky equation. A possible connection to hot-wire experiments is also discussed. © 1994.
- Physics Letters A, v. 185, n. 1, p. 88-92, 1994.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.