Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Anomalous flow behaviour of bauxite tailings
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This paper deals with the anomalous flow behaviour observed in two bauxite tailings pumping systems, with 450 mm and 680 mm outer diameter. In order to enlarge the pipeline lengths in the field, tests were carried out in a laboratory test-loop in order to try to understand the anomalous (intermittent) flow behaviour and to solve the problem. Based on data obtained from these laboratory tests and using a generalized REYNOLDS number it was possible to obtain results that fit the MOODY ROUSE diagram.
- Bulk Solids Handling, v. 14, n. 4, p. 801-803, 1994.
- Discharge (fluid mechanics)
- Laminar flow
- Mathematical models
- Ore tailings
- Pulsatile flow
- Reynolds number
- Shear stress
- Turbulent flow
- Herschel Buckley model
- Moody Rouse diagram
- Pumping systems
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.