Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- ESTUDO DO EFEITO DE GANGLIOSIDEOS EXOGENOS NA REGENERACAO NERVOSA APOS COMPRESSAO E NEURORRAFIA NO NERVO CIATICO DO RATO
- Study of gangliosides exogenous in nervous regeneration after compression and neurorraphy in sciatic nerve of the rat
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The authors studied the possible inductive effect of exogenous gangliosides administrated intra-peritoneal and intra-muscular, in 33 rats, after compression and sutures of sciatic nerve. In the animals suffering compression of the sciatic nerve only, the myelin sheath was preserved with good regeneration of the nerve. There was no statistics difference between the two groups with or without the administration of gangliosides. In the group of rats where section of the sciatic nerve and suture were performed, neuroma of amputation as well as dense cicatricial tissue with inflammatory reaction of foreign body type was noted around the sutures. In conclusion, the formation of neuroma of amputation associated with severe inflammatory reaction had an important role in determining the regeneration of the nerve.
- Folha Medica, v. 111, n. SUPPL. 2, p. 105-110, 1995.
- animal experiment
- animal model
- controlled study
- drug effect
- intramuscular drug administration
- intraperitoneal drug administration
- nerve compression
- nerve regeneration
- sciatic nerve
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.