Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Isolamento e caracterização de candida albicans e outras leveduras de águas de recreação não marinha e de materiais clínicos
- Candida albicans and other yeasts from recreational waters and clinical materials
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Candida albicans and other yeasts from recreational water or clinical materials were isolated. Sixty-six water samples, originating from eight swimming pools and five lakes with beaches were examined for the presence of these yeasts, by a membrane filter method and 'pour plate' technique. Sixty-two clinical materials from suspected cases of candidiasis were studied in the same period. Rhodotorula sp and C. albicans were more frequently isolated from lakes and swimming pools, respectively; C. albicans and C. parapsilosis from clinical materials. From 44 samples of C. albicans, 90,9% were serotype A, and 9,1%, serotype B; C. albicans from recreational waters belong only serotype A. No difference was observed in the M.I.C. of C. albicans strains from waters and clinical materials. All strains were susceptible to the antifungal drugs tested.
- Revista de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, v. 16, p. 165-175.
- antifungal drugs
- Candida albicans
- clinical materials
- recreational waters
- antifungal agent
- miconazole nitrate
- antibiotic sensitivity
- candida albicans
- candida parapsilosis
- controlled study
- swimming pool
- water analysis
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.