Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Sorption and preconcentration of some heavy metals by 2-mercaptobenzothiazole-clay
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole loaded on previously treated clay was prepared, characterized and used for sorption and preconcentration of Hg(II), Pb(II), Zn(II), Cd(II), Cu(II) and Mn(II) from an aqueous solution. The support used was a natural clay previously treated with sulphuric acid solution. Adsorption isotherms of metal ions from aqueous solutions as function of pH were studied at 298 K. Conditions for quantitative retention and elution were established for each metal by batch and column methods. The chemically treated clay was very selective to Hg(II) in solution in which Zn(II), Cd(II), Pb(II), Cu(II) and Mn(II) were also present. © 1995.
- Talanta, v. 42, n. 8, p. 1031-1036, 1995.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.