Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- PREVENCAO DE TROMBOFLEBITES PELO USO DE HEPARINA EM PACIENTES TRATADOS COM ANFOTERICINA B
- Prevention of thrombophlebitis with the use of heparin in patients treated with amphotericin B
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The authors studied the incidence of thrombophlebitis in 41 patients treated intravenously with amphotericin B. The patients were divided in two different group: Group 1: patients treated with amphotericin B and hydrocortisone with heparin (1000 UI); Group 2: patients treated with amphotericin B and hydrocortisone. The results showed 23.81% of incidence of thrombophlebitis in Group 1 and 90% in Group 2. Thrombophlebitis in Group 1 ranged from mild to moderate without any change during the drug therapy. In Group 2, the incidence was 66.67% and the thrombophlebitis were severe being necessary the withdrawn of the drugs in 35.0% of the cases. We concluded that heparin, in low doses, in association with amphotericin B, was an efficient drug preventing or reducing the development of thrombophlebitis.
- Medicina Cutanea Ibero-Latino-Americana, v. 23, n. 8, p. 377-382, 1995.
- amphotericin B
- amphotericin b
- clinical article
- clinical trial
- controlled clinical trial
- controlled study
- drug effect
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.