Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Problems related to the employment of thin uranium films as neutron dosimeters
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Instituto de Pesquisas Energéticas e Nucleares (IPEN)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Thin uranium films built on muscovite mica basis and obsidian samples having known ages were irradiated with thermal neutrons at the IPEN/CNEN reactor, São Paulo. Comparing thin film performance with the obsidian one, it was observed that the latter feel a greater neutron fluence. Nominal fluences at the used facility are in agreement with the results obtained analysing the obsidian samples. A probable hypothesis to explain this disagreement, namely, the uranium loss from the thin films, was ruled out. © 1995.
- Radiation Measurements, v. 25, n. 1-4, p. 459-460, 1995.
- Fission track dating
- neutron dosimetry
- uranium thin films
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.