Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Novel fabrication process of planar waveguides in rare-earth doped fluoroindate glasses
- Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- We report the successful fabrication of planar waveguides in rare-earth doped fluoroindate glass substrates. A new procedure for waveguide fabrication using a thermally evaporated AgF nonmetallic film was developed. The refractive index changes of more than 0.03, associated to low propagation losses achieved, open new perspectives and show the potentiality of using this glass family toward further developments in fabrication and design of integrated optical devices for optical communication wavelengths.© 1995 American Institute of Physics.
- Applied Physics Letters, v. 67, p. 886-.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.