Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Affine Lie algebraic origin of constrained KP hierarchies
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- An affine sl(n + 1) algebraic construction of the basic constrained KP hierarchy is presented. This hierarchy is analyzed using two approaches, namely linear matrix eigenvalue problem on hermitian symmetric space and constrained KP Lax formulation and it is shown that these approaches are equivalent. The model is recognized to be the generalized non-linear Schrödinger (GNLS) hierarchy and it is used as a building block for a new class of constrained KP hierarchies. These constrained KP hierarchies are connected via similarity-Bäcklund transformations and interpolate between GNLS and multi-boson KP-Toda hierarchies. Our construction uncovers the origin of the Toda lattice structure behind the latter hierarchy. © 1995 American Institute of Physics.
- Journal of Mathematical Physics, v. 36, n. 7, p. 3419-3442, 1995.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.