Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- The Korteweg-de Vries hierarchy and long water-waves
- Université de Montpellier II
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- By using the multiple scale method with the simultaneous introduction of multiple times, we study the propagation of long surface-waves in a shallow inviscid fluid. As a consequence of the requirements of scale invariance and absence of secular terms in each order of the perturbative expansion, we show that the Korteweg-de Vries hierarchy equations do play a role in the description of such waves. Finally, we show that this procedure of eliminating secularities is closely related to the renormalization technique introduced by Kodama and Taniuti. © 1995 American Institute of Physics.
- Journal of Mathematical Physics, v. 36, n. 1, p. 307-320, 1995.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.