Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Cara inchada and cellular immunity in cattle
- Justus Liebig-Univ. Giessen
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária (EMBRAPA)
- Attempts were made to study possible effects of the periodontal disease cara inchada (CI) on the cellular immunity of cattle, using adherence-, chemotaxis- and ph-agocytosis-determinations. Adherence of Bacteroides melaninogenicus to bovine granulocytes was significantly decreased in animals with CI. Phagacytosis of B. melaninogenicus by polymorphonuclear granulocytes (PMN) was also decreased in CI-diseased animals. Chemotaxis of the granulocytes appeared to be slightly increased in animals with CI and animals without CI coming from CI-affected herds.
- Pesquisa Veterinaria Brasileira, v. 16, n. 1, p. 1-3, 1996.
- Cara inchada of cattle
- Cellular immunity
- Periodontal disease
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.