Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Polyradiculoneuropathy and neurocysticercosis: Case report
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Setor de Eletroneuromiografia
- Report of a patient with the hydrocephalic and meningoencephalitic form of neurocysticercosis who simultaneously developed polyradiculoneuropathy and intracranial hypertension syndrome during the first week of treatment with albendazole. Etiologic agents associated with polyradiculoneuropathy related in the literature are cited. Some comments about the possible physiopathogeny of this entity in the presence of cysticercosis are also done. It is mentioned another case who presented polyradiculoneuropathy as the only manifestation of a probable cysticercosis of the nervous system. In this presented case, including the neurocysticercosis and even a mere coincidence of facts, some factors can have a relationship with the appearance of polyradiculoneuropathy as the surgical stress, the stress due to the severity of the clinical picture and the possible side effect of albendazole.
- Arquivos de Neuro-Psiquiatria, v. 54, n. 1, p. 107-113, 1996.
- case report
- guillain barre syndrome
- intracranial hypertension
- Central Nervous System Diseases
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.