Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- A steady-state model for heat pipes of circular or rectangular cross-sections
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The objective of this paper is to present a generalized analytical-numerical model of the internal flow in heat pipes. The model formulation is based on two-dimensional formulation of the energy and momentum equations in the vapour and liquid regions and also in the metallic tube. The numerical solution of the model is obtained by using the descretization scheme LOAD and the SIMPLE numerical code. The flow fields, as well as the pressure fields, for different geometries were obtained and discussed. Copyright © 1996 Elsevier Science Ltd.
- Applied Thermal Engineering, v. 16, n. 8-9, p. 753-767, 1996.
- Circular heat pipe
- Generalized model
- Rectangular heat pipe
- Two-dimensional model
- Equations of motion
- Mathematical models
- Numerical methods
- Pipe flow
- Pressure drop
- Temperature distribution
- Heat pipes
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.