Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Avaliação agronômica de sete acessos de Hemarthria altissima [poir.]stapf et C.E.Hubb.em Pindamonhangaba, SP
- Agronomic evaluation of seven accessions of Hemarthria altissima [poir.] stapf. et C.E.Hubb in Pindamonhangaba, SP
- Instituto de Zootecnia
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The experiment was carried out to evaluate seven accessions of limpograss Hermathria altissima (PI 364888, NO 158, PI 364863, IPEACO 336, UF 553, UF 347238, and IPEACO 337) as compared to coast-cross grass (Cynodon dactylon), to determine which grasses were best adapted ecologically to conditions at Pindamonhangaba. The experimental design was a randomized block with four replications. Five annual harvests were taken during the three-year experimental period, two in the dry season and three in the rainy season. The higher annual DM yields (kgDM/ ha) were obtained with accessions UF 553 (19996), NO 158 (18745), and PI 347238 (18267). Accessions UF 553 and IPEACO 336 had the most uniform production throughout the year with 37.4 and 33.2% during the dry season, respectively. Coast-cross had the highest percentage of crude protein (10.30%), while limpograss values varied around 7%. It was concluded that accession UF553 was the most promising grass for the Pindamonhangaba region.
- Revista Brasileira de Zootecnia, v. 25, n. 5, p. 825-836, 1996.
- DM production
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.