Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Apical leakage after root canal filling with an experimental calcium hydroxide gutta-percha point
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This study was an in vitro analysis of the apical seal of root canals filled with an experimental calcium hydroxide gutta-percha point. One hundred and ten recently extracted human permanent teeth with a single root were used. The root canals were biomechanically prepared, and some received a dressing of calcium hydroxide for 7 days. Root canals not dressed were filled by the lateral condensation technique with either regular gutta-percha or calcium hydroxide gutta-percha points. The dressed root canals were filled with the same sealers and regular gutta-percha points. The specimens were placed into a 2% methylene blue dye solution under vacuum, and the apical leakage was linearly evaluated. The experimental groups with calcium hydroxide dressing and the one with calcium hydroxide gutta-percha points exhibited significantly (p < 0.05) less leakage than the groups filled with regular gutta-percha points. The results obtained indicated that calcium hydroxide guttapercha points produced an improvement in the apical sealing quality of the root canal filling. Copyright © 1996 by The American Association of Endodontists.
- Journal of Endodontics, v. 22, n. 2, p. 71-73, 1996.
- biomedical and dental materials
- calcium hydroxide
- Grossman sealer
- gutta percha
- root canal filling material
- zinc oxide eugenol
- analysis of variance
- comparative study
- tooth disease
- Analysis of Variance
- Calcium Hydroxide
- Dental Leakage
- Root Canal Filling Materials
- Root Canal Irrigants
- Root Canal Obturation
- Zinc Oxide-Eugenol Cement
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.