Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Towards an intelligent graphical interface for linear programming modelling
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Brunel University
- The increase of computing power of the microcomputers has stimulated the building of direct manipulation interfaces that allow graphical representation of Linear Programming (LP) models. This work discusses the components of such a graphical interface as the basis for a system to assist users in the process of formulating LP problems. In essence, this work proposes a methodology which considers the modelling task as divided into three stages which are specification of the Data Model, the Conceptual Model and the LP Model. The necessity for using Artificial Intelligence techniques in the problem conceptualisation and to help the model formulation task is illustrated.
- Journal of Intelligent Systems, v. 6, n. 1, p. 63-94, 1996.
- Expert Systems
- Graph-Based Linear Programming Modelling
- Knowledge-Based Modelling
- Linear Programming
- Modelling Systems
- Artificial intelligence
- Data structures
- Decision making
- Expert systems
- Knowledge based systems
- Linear programming
- Mathematical models
- Conceptual model
- Data model
- Direct manipulation interfaces
- Graphical user interfaces
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.