Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Tratamento de ulcera varicosa e lesoes de pele com Calendula officinalis L. e/ou com Stryphnodendron barbadetiman (Vellozo) Martius
- Treatment of varicose ulcer and skin lesions with Calendula officinalis L. or Stryphnodendron barbadetiman (Vellozo) Martius
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Calendula officinalis L. and S. barbadetiman are used in Brazil for the treatment of a number of aliments. The healing properties of these substances are well known, mainly in domestic or sun burn. In order to establish a pharmacological rationale for the traditional use of these plants as a cicatrizant or antiinflammatory remedy, we used ethanol extracts or gel from stem bark of the S. barbadetiman and inflorescence of the Calendula. We selected four groups of patients; two groups shown varicose ulcer (I, II) and two groups shown skin lesions (III and IV). Groups I and III were treated with Calendula and group II and IV were treated with Calendula plus barbadetiman. The data in this study suggest that the treatment with Calendula or Calendula plus barbadetiman are effective in the process that brings wounds to a close. These findings provide basis to an alternative treatment of varicose ulcer.
- Revista de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, v. 17, p. 181-186.
- Calendula officinalis L.
- skin lesions
- Stryphnodendron barbadetiman (Vellozo) Martinus
- varicose ulcer
- plant extract
- unclassified drug
- clinical article
- controlled study
- drug efficacy
- skin defect
- skin ulcer
- stryphnodendron barbadetiman
- topical drug administration
- wound healing
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.