Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Oriented texture classification based on self-organizing neural network and Hough transform
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This paper presents a technique for oriented texture classification which is based on the Hough transform and Kohonen's neural network model. In this technique, oriented texture features are extracted from the Hough space by means of two distinct strategies. While the first operates on a non-uniformly sampled Hough space, the second concentrates on the peaks produced in the Hough space. The described technique gives good results for the classification of oriented textures, a common phenomenon in nature underlying an important class of images. Experimental results are presented to demonstrate the performance of the new technique in comparison, with an implemented technique based on Gabor filters.
- ICASSP, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing - Proceedings, v. 4, p. 2773-2775.
- Mathematical transformations
- Neural networks
- Hough transform
- Kohonen's self organizing map
- Oriented texture classification
- Feature extraction
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.