Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Tumores da glandula tireoide. Estudo retrospectivo de 130 casos com enfase especial em biopsia aspirativa, biopsia de congelacao e exame histopatologico
- Thyroid tumors. Retrospective study of 130 cases with special emphasis in aspiration biopsy, frozen section and histopathologic diagnosis
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The authors studied retrospectively 130 patients with thyroid tumors comparing the histopathologic diagnoses with fine needle aspirate (FNA) and frozen section results. FNA was performed in 118 patients with the following results: 75 (63.6%) benign, 21 (17.8%) malignant and 22 (18.6%) not conclusives. In seven cases false-negative result was obtained and there were six false-positive. These data reveals some drawbacks of this procedure. These results indicated that frozen as well as FNA are useful diagnostic procedure in helping to choose the most appropriate therapy in patients with thyroid tumors. On the other hand, traditional methods seems to be also important methods, such as scintilography, in the evaluation of thyroid diseases.
- Revista Brasileira de Otorrinolaringologia, v. 63, n. 5, p. 437-442, 1997.
- Aspiration biopsy
- Frozen section
- Thyroid tumor
- aspiration biopsy
- clinical article
- diagnostic accuracy
- frozen section
- thyroid tumor
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.