Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Shelf life extension of individually film-wrapped mangoes
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas (UNICAMP)
- Mangoes cv. Keitt were individually sealed in a heat-shrinkable polyolefin film (D-955) and a low-density polyethylene film (LDPE), stored for 0-5 weeks at 12°C and 17°C, and then ripened unwrapped at 22°C. Weight loss of packaged mangoes was significantly lower than that of the non-wrapped control. A sensory panel ranked the mangoes for overall eating quality and appearance. D-955 and LDPE film-sealed mangoes and control had shelf lives of 33, 15 and 7 days at 12°C and 17,10 and 7 days at 17°C, respectively.
- Tropical Science, v. 37, n. 4, p. 249-255, 1997.
- Modified atmosphere
- Sensory evaluation
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.