Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Continuous wave ultraviolet frequency upconversion due to triads of Nd3+ ions in fluoroindate glass
- Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Institut für Neue Materialien Im Stadtwald
- We have observed ultraviolet upconversion fluorescence from the 4D3/2 and 2P3/2 levels of Nd3+ in fluoroindate glass under infrared pumping. It was found that the excitation of a large population in the 4F3/2 metastable level allows to achieve strong upconversion emissions at 354 and 382 nm. A simple rate equation model reproduces the temporal behavior of the upconverted emission and allows us to estimate the energy transfer rate among three Nd3+ ions participating in the process. © 1997 American Institute of Physics.
- Applied Physics Letters, v. 70, n. 6, p. 683-685, 1997.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.