Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Constrained KP models as integrable matrix hierarchies
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- We formulate the constrained KP hierarchy (denoted by cKP K+1,M) as an affine sl(M + K+ 1) matrix integrable hierarchy generalizing the Drinfeld-Sokolov hierarchy. Using an algebraic approach, including the graded structure of the generalized Drinfeld-Sokolov hierarchy, we are able to find several new universal results valid for the cKP hierarchy. In particular, our method yields a closed expression for the second bracket obtained through Dirac reduction of any untwisted affine Kac-Moody current algebra. An explicit example is given for the case sl(M + K + 1), for which a closed expression for the general recursion operator is also obtained. We show how isospectral flows are characterized and grouped according to the semisimple non-regular element E of sl(M + K+ 1) and the content of the center of the kernel of E. © 1997 American Institute of Physics.
- Journal of Mathematical Physics, v. 38, n. 3, p. 1559-1576, 1997.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.