Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Quartic fermion self-interactions in two-dimensional gauge theories
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF)
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- In this work we discuss the effect of quartic fermion self-interacting terms on the dynamically generated photon masses in 1+1 dimensions, for vector, chiral, and non-Abelian couplings. In the vector and chiral cases we find exactly the dynamically generated mass modified by the quartic term while in the non-Abelian case we find the dynamically generated mass associated with its Abelian part. We show that in the three cases there is a kind of duality between the gauge and quartic couplings. We perform functional as well as operator treatments allowing for the obtention of both fermion and vector field solutions. The structures of the Abelian models in terms of θ vacua are also addressed.
- Physical Review D - Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology, v. 55, n. 8, p. 4931-4939, 1997.
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.