Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- The Role of the Korteweg-de Vries Hierarchy in the N-Soliton Dynamics of the Shallow Water Wave Equation
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Université de Montpellier II
- We apply a multiple-time version of the reductive perturbation method to study long waves as governed by the shallow water wave model equation. As a consequence of the requirement of a secularity-free perturbation theory, we show that the well known N-soliton dynamics of the shallow water wave equation, in the particular case of α = 2β, can be reduced to the N-soliton solution that satisfies simultaneously all equations of the Korteweg-de Vries hierarchy.
- Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, v. 66, n. 5, p. 1277-1281, 1997.
- KdV hierarchy
- Perturbation theory
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.