Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Um programa de saúde mental: A experiência do Projeto UNI de Botucatu
- UNI (Kellogg Foundation) in Botucatu, SP. A mental health program: The experience of the Projeto
- Projeto UNI
- Hosp. Prof. Cantideo de Moura Campos
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The aim of this paper was to assess the Projeto UNI (Kellogg Foundation) in one of the Mental Health Centers (ARE) of Botucatu, SP, Brazil. We analysed 20% of the charts and the number of patients seen by psychiatrists and other mental health professionals before and after. Our results showed that: 1) the service users were mainly of neurotic patients (anxious, dysthymiacs, ICD-9 V code), followed by psychotics (schizophrenics, affectives) and organics (epileptics, mental deficients, demented patients); 2) there were more treatment options after the Projeto UNI implementation and over 2,495 group consultations were made in one year (as opposed to 90 in the year prior the project); 3) medical and nurse students are evaluating the program favourably; 4) there is a clear necessity of reassessing and changing some prescription practices: 43% of the patients were taking drug associations, there was an excessive use of benzodiazepines (54%) and low use of mood stabilizers (5%). There is also a need for more availability of depot neuroleptics, other antidepressants and better quality psychotropic drugs, and 5) there is a necessity of improving quality and quantity of charts information.
- Jornal Brasileiro de Psiquiatria, v. 46, n. 5, p. 255-264, 1997.
- Medical graduation teaching
- Mental health services
- Quality assurance
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.