Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Adherence and experimental infection of bacteria associated with periodontal infections of young cattle in Brazil (Cara inchada)
- Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária (EMBRAPA)
- Justus-Liebig-Univ. Giessen
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico (CNPq)
- In vitro- and in vivo-assays were conducted, to study the possible role of streptomycin-and actinomycin-producing soil actinomycetes for the pathogenesis of Cara inchada in cattle (CI). Adherence of Bacteroides spp. to epithelial cells of the bovine gingiva, known to be associated with the progressive lesions of Cl, was significantly increased by the addition of streptomycin, actinomycin or antibiotic culture supernatants of the soil actinomycetes. Applications of these mixtures together with Actinomyces pyogenes to the marginal gingiva of the upper premolar teeth of about 1 month old Holstein Friesian calves did not lead to progressive lesions of CI. Only one calf exhibited a slight diarrhea and a temporary retraction of the gingiva at the site of application.
- Pesquisa Veterinaria Brasileira, v. 17, n. 3-4, p. 123-125, 1997.
- Cara inchada
- Bacteroides spp.
- Periodontal infection
- Actinobacteria (class)
- Arcanobacterium pyogenes
- Bacteroides sp.
- Bos taurus
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.