Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Dilatacao pneumatica no megaesofago avancado. Resultados do sequimento tardio
- Pneumatic dilatation in advanced megaesophagus. Results in late follow-up
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Six patients with advanced Chagas' megaesophagus with poor condition for surgical indication due to severe malnutrition and concomitant diseases were submitted to pneumatic dilatation with the aid of the endoscope. The method consists in leading the tip of the pneumatic dilatator into the cardia with the tip of the endoscope. Insufflation of the balloon must be slow and progressive with visualization of the mucosa of the cardia after insufflating of 2 pounds of air pressure. An excellent symptomatic relief was seen in the five-year follow-up but without improvement in the degree of the esophageal dilatation.
- GED - Gastrenterologia Endoscopia Digestiva, v. 16, n. 2, p. 52-54, 1997.
- pneumatic dilatation
- chagas disease
- clinical article
- clinical trial
- controlled clinical trial
- controlled study
- esophagus dilatation
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.