Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Variação sazonal da abundância de Ecballocystis pulvinata Bohlin em um riacho da região centro-sul do estado do Paraná
- Seasonal variation of abundance of Ecballocystis pulvinata Bohlin in a stream of central-southern region of Parana State.
- Univ Estadual Parana
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Seasonal variation of abundance of Ecballocystis pulvinata Bohlin in a stream of central-southern region of Parana State. The temporal dynamics of E. pulvinata and its relation to abiotic variables were evaluated monthly during January to December 2007 in a stream located in the central-southern part of Parana State (25 degrees 11'16 '' S - 51 degrees 021'25 '' W). The abundance of the population in terms of percentage cover was obtained by means of the quadrat technique and the following stream water variables were measured: current velocity, irradiance, depth, substrate type, temperature, oxygen saturation, conductivity, pH and turbidity. The abundance of E. pulvinata was considered high (X = 26.7%), with more development (22-46%) during autumn/winter. The low values (0-0.08) of niche width and the few associations with environmental variables shows that the population evaluated is a generalist with regards to the environment in which it occurs. Factors most strictly related were the water flow and the particle size of the substrate, which positively correlated to the seasonal pattern of the population investigated.
- Iheringia Serie Botanica. Porto Alegre: Fundação Zoobotanica Rio Grande Sul, Museu Ciencias Naturais, v. 67, n. 1, p. 37-46, 2012.
- Fundação Zoobotanica Rio Grande Sul, Museu Ciencias Naturais
- environmental distribution
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.