Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- The magnetic field of a current carrying cosmic string
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ. do Estado do Rio de Janeiro
- The magnetostatic field of an infinite rectilinear current placed in the stationary gravitational field of a rotating cosmic string is found. An interesting aspect of this problem is that although the metric is mathematically very simple, its physical meaning is not trivial. It depends only on topological parameters. So, the cosmic string vacuum space-time is locally equivalent to the Minkowski space-time, but not globally. The calculations are so simple that they can easily be shown in the classroom. © 1997 American Association of Physics Teachers.
- American Journal of Physics, v. 65, n. 9, p. 914-917, 1997.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.