Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Crystallization of ZrF4-LaF3-AlF3 glasses
- France Telecom.
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- 0.7125ZrF4-0.2375(1 - xLaF3 • xLnF3)-0.05AIF3 with x = 0.01, 0.02 and 0.03 for Ln = Er and x = 0.03 for Ln = Pr, Nd glasses were studied by differential thermal analysis (DTA), X-ray diffraction and optical spectroscopy. Avrami parameters (Ec and n) were obtained from DTA curves. With La3+ substitution a decrease in the stability against crystallization was observed. This decrease follows the order Er3+ > Nd3+ ≈ Pr3+ for 3% molar substitution. n values suggest an interface controlled growth mechanism with grain edge nucleation abler saturation. Two crystalline polymorphs of the LaZr3F15 phase were identified. With the substitution of 3 mol% of Pr3+, Nd3+ or Er3+ for La3+ only the crystallization of the rhombohedral α-LnZr3F15 phase was observed. An increase in Ω6 Judd's intensity parameter occurs with crystallization and also an increase in the 1.04 μm peak emission cross-section for Nd3+ 4I3/2 state suggesting the potential application of these glass ceramics in optical amplification devices. © 1997 Elsevier Science B.V.
- Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, v. 219, p. 176-181.
- Composition effects
- Crystal growth
- Differential thermal analysis
- Fluorine compounds
- Interfaces (materials)
- Light amplifiers
- Spectroscopic analysis
- Substitution reactions
- X ray crystallography
- Avrami parameters
- Glass ceramics
- Judd's intensity parameters
- Optical spectroscopy
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.