Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Key to the soldiers of Atlantitermes Fontes 1979, with a new species from Brazil (Isoptera Termitidae Nasutitermitinae)
- University of Kansas (KU)
- Universidade Federal de Viçosa (UFV)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- A soldier-based key for the identification of the species of the neotropical termite genus Atlantitermes Fontes 1979 is presented. The diagnostic characters for the genus are reviewed and discussed, and the upturned nasus is excluded bacause it is not present in the soldier of every species. A. stercophilus n. sp., from the cerrado vegetation of Minas Gerais, Brazil, is described and illustrated. A. osborni (Emerson 1925) is recorded for the first time in the cerrado vegetation of southeastern Brazil. Drawings of the soldier of A. kirbyi (Snyder 1926) are presented for the first time.
- Tropical Zoology, v. 10, n. 2, p. 205-213, 1997.
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.