Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Do static sources outside a Schwarzschild black hole radiate?
- Universität Bern
- University of York
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)
- We show that static sources coupled to a massless scalar field in Schwarzschild spacetime give rise to emission and absorption of zero-energy particles due to the presence of Hawking radiation. This is in complete analogy with the description of the bremsstrahlung by a uniformly accelerated charge from the coaccelerated observers' point of view. The response rate of the source is found to coincide with that in Minkowski spacetime as a function of its proper acceleration. It is interesting that this quantum result appears to reflect the classical equivalence principle.
- Physical Review D - Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology, v. 56, n. 10, p. R6071-R6075, 1997.
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.