Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- An alternative formulation for guided electromagnetic fields in grounded chiral slabs - Summary
- Inst. Tecn. de Aeronáutica
- Division of Systems Engineering
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Aero. and Space Institute (IAE)
- Universidade da Beira Interior
- Brazilian Soc. of Electromagnetics
- Universitá degli Studi
- An alternative formulation for guided electromagnetic fields in grounded chiral slabs is presented. This formulation is formally equivalent to the double Fourier transform method used by the authors to calculate the spectral fields in open chirostrip structures. In this paper, we have addressed the behavior of the electromagnetic fields in the vicinity of the ground plane and at the interface between the chiral substrate and the free space region. It was found that the boundary conditions for the magnetic field, valid for achiral media, are not completely satisfied when we deal with chiral material. Effects of chirality on electromagnetic field distributions and on surface wave dispersion curves were also analyzed.
- Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, v. 11, n. 8, p. 1139-1143, 1997.
- Boundary conditions
- Electromagnetic dispersion
- Fourier transforms
- Interfaces (materials)
- Microstrip devices
- Spectrum analysis
- Surface waves
- Grounded chiral slabs
- Guided electromagnetic fields
- Guided electromagnetic wave propagation
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.