Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Interaction of Hawking radiation and a static electric charge
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Federal do Pará (UFPA)
- University of York
- We investigate whether the equality found for the response of static scalar sources interacting (i) with Hawking radiation in Schwarzschild spacetime and (ii) with the Fulling-Davies-Unruh thermal bath in the Rindler wedge is maintained in the case of electric charges. We find a finite result in the Schwarzschild case, which is computed exactly, in contrast with the divergent result associated with the infrared catastrophe in the Rindler case, i.e., in the case of uniformly accelerated charges in Minkowski spacetime. Thus the equality found for scalar sources does not hold for electric charges.
- Physical Review D - Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology, v. 58, n. 8, p. 840271-840274, 1998.
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.