Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Digital image analysis of root distribution towards improved irrigation water and soil management: Grapevine and date palm study cases
- Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária (EMBRAPA)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Dept. of L.A.W.R.
- It is presented two study cases about the approach in root analysis at field and laboratory conditions based on digital image analysis. Grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.) and date palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.) root systems were analyzed by both the monolith and trench wall method aided by digital image analysis. Correlation between root parameters and their fractional distribution over the soil profile were obtained, as well as the root diameter estimation. Results have shown the feasibility of digital image analysis for evaluation of root distribution.
- 2000 ASAE Annual Intenational Meeting, Technical Papers: Engineering Solutions for a New Century, v. 2, p. 1829-1834.
- Image analysis
- Phoenix dactylifera L.
- Root distribution
- Vitis vinifera L.
- Parameter estimation
- Plants (botany)
- Sprinkler systems (irrigation)
- Phoenix dactylifera L
- Vitis vinifera L
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.