Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Extração automatica de segmentos lineares de rodovias em imagens de resoluções variadas
- Automatic road segment extraction from images with different resolutions
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In this paper a methodology for automatic extraction of road segments from images with different resolutions (low, middle and high resolution) is presented. It is based on a generalized concept of lines in digital images, by which lines can be described by the centerlines of two parallel edges. In the specific case of low resolution images, where roads are manifested as entities of 1 or 2 pixels wide, the proposed methodology combines an automatic image enhancement operation with the following strategies: automatic selection of the hysteresis thresholds and the Gaussian scale factor; line length thresholding; and polygonization. In medium and high resolution images roads manifest as narrow and elongated ribbons and, consequently, the extraction goal becomes the road centerlines. In this case, it is not necessary to apply the previous enhancement step used to enhance roads in low resolution images. The results obtained in the experimental evaluation satisfied all criteria established for the efficient extraction of road segments from different resolution images, providing satisfactory results in a completely automatic way.
- Boletim de Ciências Geodesicas. Curitiba Pr: Universidade Federal do Paraná (UFPR), Centro Politecnico, v. 15, n. 3, p. 352-372, 2009.
- Universidade Federal do Paraná (UFPR), Centro Politecnico
- Feature Extraction
- Line Features
- Parallel Edges
- Road Features
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.