Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Damages occurrence and determination of dasineura Sp. (Díptera: Cecidomyiidae) in the pepper cultivars (Capsicum annuum L.) in piracicaba Sp.
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The purpose of this study was to evaluate the damage potential of Dasineura sp. (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) in the pepper cultivars and show its occurrence in Piracicaba, SP. This experiment was carried out from July to November 1998. The occurrence and damages pest in the fruits were determined by weekly evaluations of pepper hybrids, 'Magali R.' larvals were collected from floral buttons and adults were collected from the incubation of buttons in humidity chamber. Healthy and infested fruits were evaluated for damages caused by pest insects. The results indicated that the damages can reach 100% in some periods of evaluation and that the production losses are significantly high with no application of insecticides. The taxonomy study was performed at National Museum of Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ). The insect species classification will be the object of study since there is a possibility of observing a specie not described yet.
- Acta Horticulturae, v. 607, p. 159-161.
- Capisicum annuum
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.