Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Comparação entre o sistema Autoścan-4 e métodos convencionais na identificação de bacilos Gram-negativos não fermentadores, isolados de materiais clínicos de pacientes em Presidente Prudente - SP
- Comparison of the Autoscan-4 system and conventional methods for the identification of nonfermenting Gram-negative bacilli isolated from clinical materials of patients in Presidente Prudente - SP
- Universidade do Oeste Paulista (UNOESTE)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Ninety eight strains of glucose-nonfermenting Gram-negative bacilli were analyzed and isolated from several clinical materials of 95 patients admitted at the Dr. Domingos Leonardo Cerávolo University Hospital and three from outpatients. All of them were assisted in the Laboratory of Clinical Analysis of Unoeste University, Presidente Prudente, SP, from the period of October of 1999 to April of 2001. In this work, the level of agreement between the semi-automated commercial system AutoScan-4 and the conventional system for the identification of those bacteria were studied comparatively. There was agreement in 81 (82.7%), showing that both methodologies are useful for identification; partial agreement in six strains (6.1%) and disagreement in 11 (11.2%). The comercial system did not identify nine (9.2%) of the strains and reported them as very rare biotypes.
- Revista de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, v. 24, n. 1, p. 47-52, 2003.
- Nonfermenting Gram-negative bacilli
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter baumannii
- bacterial strain
- bacterium identification
- bacterium isolate
- Gram negative bacterium
- intermethod comparison
- laboratory automation
- university hospital
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.