Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Otimização das propriedades mecânicas por meio de modificações microestruturais em aços de baixo carbono
- Mechanical properties optimization in low carbon steel by microstructure modification
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Inst. Pesq. Energeticas/Nucleares
- This paper discusses the formation of microstructures with different volume fractions, as an outcome of a specific heat treatment, with the following phases: ferrite, martensite, bainite and retained austenite. For the microstructure characterization it is developed a chemical etching that allows to distinguish the phases by optical microscopy. The evaluation of the mechanical properties is done based on the results of tensile and fatigue tests. The experimental results show that appropriate heat treatments can contribute to a significant improvement in the mechanical properties of the steel. In this process it is essential to control the fraction volume, morphology of the phases, and grain size.
- 58th Congresso Anual da ABM (ASSociacao Brasileira de Metalurgia e Materiais), p. 2801-2809.
- Mechanical properties
- Multiphase steels
- Fatigue testing
- Grain size and shape
- Heat treatment
- Optical microscopy
- Tensile strength
- Volume fraction
- Retained austenite
- Carbon steel
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.