Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Merging higher derivative gravity and quantum mechanics
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The most general quantum mechanical wave equation for a massive scalar particle in a metric generated by a spherically symmetric mass distribution is considered within the framework of higher derivative gravity (HDG). The exact effective Hamiltonian is constructed and the significance of the various terms is discussed using the linearized version of the above-mentioned theory. Not only does this analysis shed new light on the long standing problem of quantum gravity concerning the exact nature of the coupling between a massive scalar field and the background geometry, it also greatly improves our understanding of the role of HDG's coupling parameters in semiclassical calculations.
- International Journal of Theoretical Physics, v. 43, n. 1, p. 47-57, 2004.
- Higher derivative gravity
- Nonminimal coupling
- Quantum mechanics
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.