Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Avaliação da população de neurônios mioentéricos NADPH-diaforase positivos do corpo do estômago de ratos com diabetes crônico induzido pela estreptozootocina
- Evaluation of the population of NADPH-diaphorase positive myenteric neurons from the body of the stomach of diabetic rats induced by streptozotocin
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Universidade Estadual de Maringá (UEM)
- The aim of this study was to analyze the morphoquantitative features of the nitrergic myenteric neurons from the body of the stomach of diabetic rats. The body of the stomach of five normoglicemic rats and of five diabetic rats were prepared as whole-mounts stained by the histochemical technique of NADPH-diaphorase. Decreased body weight and increased daily ingestion of water, fast glicemia and glycated hemoglobin were verified in diabetic animals. According to the data obtained, significant difference in the density of nitrergic neurons was not observed between the two groups, but the areas of the neuronal cell body profiles in the diabetic rats were significantly larger. Results showed that the streptozotocin that induced diabetes does not accelerate the death of the nitrergic neurons, but increases the expression of these cells.
- Acta Scientiarum - Biological Sciences, v. 26, n. 1, p. 107-112, 2004.
- Myenteric plexus
- Nitrergic neurons
- Stomach of rats
- reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate dehydrogenase
- animal experiment
- animal model
- cell death
- controlled study
- diabetes mellitus
- myenteric plexus
- nitrergic nerve
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.