Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Investigation of the two-photon absorption cross-section in perylene tetracarboxylic derivatives: Nonlinear spectra and molecular structure
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Univ Windsor
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
- Harvard Univ
- We investigated the 2PA absorption spectrum of a family of perylene tetracarboxylic derivatives ( PTCDs): bis( benzimidazo) perylene ( AzoPTCD), bis( benzimidazo) thioperylene ( Monothio BZP), n-pentylimidobenzimidazoperylene ( PazoPTCD), and bis( n-butylimido) perylene ( BuPTCD). These compounds present extremely high two-photon absorption, which makes them attractive for applications in photonics devices. The two-photon absorption cross-section spectra of perylene derivatives obtained via Z-scan technique were fitted by means of a sum-over-states ( SOS) model, which described with accuracy the different regions of the 2PA cross-section spectra. Frontier molecular orbital calculations show that all molecules present similar features, indicating that nonlinear optical properties in PTCDs are mainly determined by the central portion of the molecule, with minimal effect from the lateral side groups. In general, our results pointed out that the differences in the 2PA cross-sections among the compounds are mainly due to the nonlinearity resonance enhancement.
- Journal of Physical Chemistry A. Washington: Amer Chemical Soc, v. 110, n. 20, p. 6433-6438, 2006.
- Amer Chemical Soc
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.