Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- In vitro release of propolis from gelatin microparticles prepared by spray-drying technique
- Universidade Estadual de Maringá (UEM)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- The purpose of this study was to investigate the in vitro release of propolis from gelatin microparticles. Gelatin microparticles containing propolis extractive solution (PES) were prepared by spray-drying technique. Microparticles with a mean diameter of 2.50 μm and with regular morphology were obtained. The entrapment efficiency of propolis in the microparticles was over 39%. Spray-drying showed to be a feasible method for the preparation of gelatin microparticles containing propolis. Comparing to PES, the in vitro release of propolis from gelatin microparticles in aqueous medium was slower, considering markers 1 and 2. Thus, it was possible to transform a liquid propolis dosage form into a solid one, improving manipulation, packaging and storage and with modified release in aqueous medium, comparatively to the ethanolic extract of the drug.
- Revista de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, v. 25, n. 2, p. 79-84, 2004.
- In vitro release
- aqueous solution
- drug release
- feasibility study
- in vitro study
- spray drying
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.