Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Managing large scale virtual environments using portals
- Ctro. Univ. Euripides de Marilia
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- This article describes a technique for Large Scale Virtual Environments (LSVEs) partitioning in hexagon cells and using portal in the cell interfaces to reduce the number of messages on the network and the complexity of the virtual world. These environments usually demand a high volume of data that must be sent only to those users who needs the information [Greenhalgh, Benford 1997].
- Proceedings VRCAI 2004 - ACM SIGGRAPH International Conference on Virtual Reality Continuum and its Applications in Industry, p. 459-462.
- Area of Interest Manager
- Cell Interface
- Distributed Virtual Environments
- Large Scale Virtual Environments
- Networked Virtual Environment
- Distributed virtual environments (DVE)
- Head tracking
- Low-level protocols
- Computer architecture
- Computer simulation
- Continuum mechanics
- Information theory
- Project management
- Virtual reality
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.