Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Consistency between light-front quantization and covariantization for zero modes
- North Carolina State University
- Universidade Estadual de Santa Cruz (UESC)
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- In the light-cone gauge choice for Abelian and non-Abelian gauge fields, the vector boson propagator carries in it an additional spurious or unphysical pole intrinsic to the choice requiring a careful mathematical treatment. Research in this field over the years has shown us that mathematical consistency only is not enough to guarantee physically meaningful results. Whatever the prescription invoked to handle such an object, it has to preserve causality in the process. On the other hand, the covariantization technique is a well-suited one to tackle gauge-dependent poles in the Feynman integrals, dispensing the use of ad hoc prescriptions. In this work we show that the covariantization technique in the light-cone gauge is a direct consequence of the canonical quantization of the theory. © World Scientific Publishing Company.
- Modern Physics Letters A, v. 20, n. 19, p. 1459-1464, 2005.
- mathematical analysis
- mathematical computing
- mathematical model
- quantum chemistry
- Acesso restrito
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.