Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
- Characterization of cure of carbon/epoxy prepreg used in aerospace field
- Centra Técnico Aeroespacial
- Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP)
- Unidade de Americana
- Carbon/epoxy 8552 prepreg is a thermoplastic toughened high-performance epoxy being used in the manufacture of advanced army material. Understanding the cure behavior of a thermosetting system is essential in the development and optimization of composite fabrication processes. The cure kinetics and rheological behavior were evaluated using a differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA) and a rheometer. Values of the kinetic parameters were obtained from dynamic DSC scans using an nth order reaction model. Rheological measurements as a function of temperature and time were made for the prepreg system. The manufacturer's recommended cure cycle was evaluated and considered adequate to consolidated the studied system.
- Materials Research, v. 8, n. 3, p. 317-322, 2005.
- Carbon/epoxy prepreg
- Kinetic of cure
- Aerospace engineering
- Differential scanning calorimetry
- Dynamic mechanical analysis
- Mathematical models
- Thermal effects
- Carbon/epoxy prepegs
- Thermosetting systems
- Epoxy resins
- Acesso aberto
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.